Book Review - V for Vendetta

V for VendettaV for Vendetta by Alan Moore
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Startling book with eerie atmospheric musings about a totalitarian world. Its enigmatic hero relies on intelligence and planning rather than wit and luck. I do wish Evie had been more proactive and grown a bit more from her experiences. I feel like, throughout, she remained but a hapless pawn in all these cruel games. Not that she can help it. Had she been but a casual observer it would have been fine, but she's written to be the protagonist' saviour, his 'precious' as it were, and that doesn't quite work if she doesn't do anything herself.

I also couldn't quite figure out why the majority of the female characters, all two of them, happen to both be actors or interested in acting. I know this was written a while ago, but honestly there is no balance in the representation.

It is a good read and equal parts horrifying and unfortunately realistic.

View all my reviews

Comments