Book Review - Midnighter and Apollo (2016-) #5

Midnighter and Apollo (2016-) #5Midnighter and Apollo (2016-) #5 by Steve Orlando
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's been too long since I hung out with Midnighter and Apollo. This was a good comic, though less talk and more action would not have been out of place. I feel the trickster angle was cliched despite being a welcome twist. I also liked that the tables turned on rescued and rescuer - finally feel like Apollo's creds as half of the series' headline hero pairing got some weight in this issue.

Trouble is, it felt like a bit of a cop out in the end, only because trickster lies are only hard-hitting if they're followed through; but there was no way these lies and threats could come to fruition in this series. We don't want to see that any more.

Totally love the Midnighter/Apollo combo - they are complete opposites but gel well as a team. I'd love to see more of these characters in the expanded DC universe.

View all my reviews

Comments