Book Review - I Feel Bad: All Day. Every Day. about Everything.

I Feel Bad: All Day. Every Day. about Everything.I Feel Bad: All Day. Every Day. about Everything. by Orli Auslander
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Got this off Netgalley and thought... well, I'm not sure what I was thinking when I requested this, honestly, because this is not what I expected. It's a book of illustrations, pithy and humorous, but not as wide ranging as I had expected it to be. Given that it's full of illustrations, it should have been longer and covered topics not only to do with the writer and her life. It feels too individual to have any impact on the reader. I was disappointed. The sketches are sparse and to the point - most do not expand on the chapter headline at all. I understand this is a proof copy, but I doubt much will change in the final version. What this book needs is more substance; more universality in its message. Right now, it's like an art essay by the writer on the writer - even memoirs (or at least the good ones) have a universal message that will reach all its readers. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, it seems far too pointless.

View all my reviews

Comments