Book Review - The Daughter of Time

The Daughter of Time (Inspector Alan Grant #5)The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

During spring-cleaning we found our copy of this book and I remembered how brilliant it was. It amazes me that though I don't think about this book often, or recall the name of it, the central plot has stayed with me all these years. I have, since I read this book, taken the discovery of the history of Richard III as the actual truth. There's seemingly a good amount of research gone into making it all realistic.

It's a book that reads quickly and doesn't drag at any point. It seems strange to see that it's purportedly over 200 pages, because it sure doesn't take long to read.

The fact that a book about an inspector stuck in a hospital bed can be so thrilling and exciting goes to show you what a good writer can do.

I really want to find the other books the author has written and get to know her other characters and Inspector Alan Grant in particular a lot better.

View all my reviews

Comments