Book Review - Warship Jolly Roger (Book 1)

Warship Jolly RogerWarship Jolly Roger by Sylvain Runberg
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Strangely compelling, with beautiful art, I am looking forward to reading Book 2, whenever that comes out in English.

The Net Galley copy was impeccable, so you could really appreciate the finer details. It felt like a mix of Firefly, Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica, which isn't a bad thing at all. I loved that the characters were pretty diverse.

My greatest grouse is that there weren't many female characters - around 4 main ones and barring one, all the others were conventionally drawn, which is annoyingly, considering the considerable number of male characters came in all shapes, sizes and personalities. Why is it so hard to replicate the same with female characters?

Despite being an impulsive choice, I think it was a good title to choose.

View all my reviews

Comments