Book Review - Stereotypical Freaks

The Stereotypical Freaks (Forever Friends, #1)The Stereotypical Freaks by Howard Shapiro
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A very random choice, but I picked it because it was a graphic novel and I'm in the mood for comic books these days.

It's refreshing to read something which doesn't have superheroes or ridiculously proportioned female characters. There are no female characters of note in this comic, which is problematic in itself.

As it was black and white, it allowed the reader to read the characters as any ethnicity, which was good. The story is fun, with lots of music references and recommendations. It gets way too preachy near the end and a little too neatly tied up in a bow.

Fun and entertaining, it will be quite an entertaining read for most young adults. I especially like the title of the comic which comes from a cool part of the story and has a lovely meaning.

View all my reviews

Comments