Book Review - Robin: Year One

Robin: Year OneRobin: Year One by Chuck Dixon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'll say it outright - I love Dick Grayson. I think he's a fascinating character and a rare breed; he's often drawn for female audiences.

But this book isn't about all that. This features a very young Robin, still finding the ropes in his relationship with Batman. The story plonks us right in the middle of their crime-fighting. Our omniscient narrator is Alfred, who brings heart and both sides of the characters' points of view.

The story centers around Two-Face, and his antics. It's an important part of Robin's lesson, how Two-Face manipulates people to do his bidding.

I wasn't a big fan of the art - it's a little too retro with a touch of anime thrown in.

A good read as an added look into Dick's growth as Robin and his eventual transformation into Nightwing.

View all my reviews

Comments