Book Review - The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a WallflowerThe Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky


This isn't the kind of book I'd ever pick up, but once I did, it was hard to put down. I think what I liked about it was that it felt oddly relevant, and a lot of people will be able to relate to the feelings and emotions of the characters.

The intermingling of music and classic novels with the stories added a great dynamic to the story. Not sure why the author felt the need to make all the female characters, well, samey. They're all hypersexual, confused and make very poor choices in their romantic partners. Why not make at least a couple beyond that?

It's great that the story includes other orientations, in and out of the closet.

It's definitely a good teen angst book. It's good in parts, great in others. A few more unusual female characters wouldn't have hurt.

View all my reviews

Comments