Book Review - Leaving Megalopolis

Leaving MegalopolisLeaving Megalopolis by Gail Simone
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I had read about this book on The Mary Sue. They praised its subversive nature and the fact that it led with a female hero.

But, I don't concur with the belief that this book is somehow revolutionary.

The concept is brilliant. Superheroes gone bad is a well trodden road, but it's rarely depicted with such real and realistic horror. I love the atmosphere of the book. And the art is stellar.

Had I not gone in expecting it to be revolutionary in its depiction of its female characters, I would have revelled in the book more. But it does little different in that aspect.

Not negating it on the whole however. I would definitely love to read on about this world.

View all my reviews

Comments