Book Review - Cyclops Vol. 1

Cyclops, Vol. 1: StarstruckCyclops, Vol. 1: Starstruck by Greg Rucka
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Fun and thrilling, this series charts the adventures of Corsair and a 17 year old, time displaced Cyclops. Together they discover more about each other and the crazy galactic world out there. There is deception, betrayal, love, and action.

I liked the art, something that often makes or breaks my enjoyment of a comic book. The stories are not complex or convoluted, at the end of the day this is a father/son road trip out in space. I'm not the biggest fan of the. storytelling device of letter writing, in this day and age it is better to freshen it up. Cyclops as a narrator could just be narrating to himself.

Aside from the usual issues I have with all comic books (the trials and travails of being a female comic book reader), this series is a quick and easy read. Cyclops is one of my favourite X-Men, and it's great to read him using his brains and his powers to good effect.

View all my reviews

Comments